Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Tour of my Dolls' House

Hi! Today I'm going to do a tour of my dolls' house! It's built in my walk-in closet with 2 stories (3 if you include the stables).  Hope you enjoy! 😉
This was taken while walking into the closet. The kitchen is in the 2nd story and the bedroom in the 1st.


Sophie's half of the room

...And the half that Sadie and Ella share.

Ella is my 6-year-old sister's doll, but she doesn't really play with dolls, so I use her.

😲 How did Snowy get up there?

Snowy is their Maltese dog.

I got the doll-sized exercise ball at a yardsale. It was only 50 cents! 

This is a desk I made for my sister for Christmas. She added the cupboards on,
but she gave it back to me since she doesn't play with dolls.

Now for the upstairs bedroom. It wasn't visible in the first picture because it's behind the door.

Here's their hamster, Panda. She was made from pom-poms and beads.
Her little hut is from an egg carton.

And yes, we have Pilchard from Bob the Builder. 😊 We got him at the dentist.

Here's the homemade piano. Sadie is the only one who plays.
(And yes, the piano works!! I used a toy piano in a cardboard frame.)

A dish of appetizers--I made these with the tutorial on American Girl Ideas, but I changed it a bit. 

Laura and Jenny

Laura is lounging around with her tablet.

Unfortunately for her, it's actually  an eraser I found at a yardsale. 

The kitchen was made by my friend, but her dad made her a wooden kitchen so she gave
this to me.

Jenny is the cook in the family...

...Which explains why the cat's name is Cookie. 

Sophie has (baby) slippers from Build-a-Bear Workshop, but they fit her just fine.

I think I made the barbecue a bit too small... 

I made the pots from diced green chili cans. 

The cupboard where the dishes are kept

Here's their "mom" on her laptop.

Yes, they have 2 dogs. Her name is ("What's her name, Emily?" "Uhh...I never named her..."
"Well, name her then!" "Only if you make breakfast 'cause I'm really hungry!")
Um, okay. Forget that. Her name is officially Princess. 

Another view of the kitchen


I made the table from a bucket lid and 2 cans.


Now for the stable! It's below  the bedroom on the floor..

This is Ebony. I got him in May... I think...

...And this is Acorn. I've had her for several years.

The third stall has hay and stuff in it for now.

The grooming bucket and feed are on this shelf, along with a birdhouse.

The food that came with Ebony just looked like a pillow with words on it,
so I made my own from a potato sack and a label I made on the computer.

The saddle/saddlebags

The riding helmet is one of the only things I have from American Girl
because their stuff is so expensive. It came with Ebony, though.
(The other thing I have is a mini Samantha book.)

The whole stable


...And Ebony again.

Here's a bonus picture of the firepit I made last night! I'm doing
 a tutorial for camping stuff soon.

Another bonus picture of my parakeets! Their names are
Pistachio (the green one who's boy) and Zula (a girl).
                               Well, that's it! The tutorial for camping stuff will be out soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tour! Your dollhouse is lovely, and I really like your horse stable- so creative! :)

-American Girl Doll Crafter

Sarah Martin said...

Thanks! :)

Jessica said...

Your dollhouse is so sweet! I love all the homemade items. My favorite is the horse stable.

Sarah Martin said...

Thank you! :) I might make a tutorial for the stable some time.

Post a Comment